Charles W. Herbster Foundation Scholarship
Charles W. Herbster Foundation Announces 2019-20 Scholarship Recipients
The mission of the Conklin Company, ". . . to build a company committed to growth and helping people see who they are and the difference they can make," is being expanded to investing in the education of college students of Conklin Independent Distributors through the Charles W. Herbster Foundation.
During Conklin's 2018 National Convention, former Nebraska Governor Dave Heineman announced the scholarship recipients for 2017-18. Students were selected based on their grade point average (GPA), work experience, extracurricular activities and community service. "We are very pleased Charles and Judy Herbster have offered this support for family members of Conklin Independent Distributors," said Governor Heineman, who serves as Vice Chairman of the Charles W. Herbster Foundation.
The Charles W. Herbster Foundation scholarship is a financial award of $2,000. High school seniors or college students who are children of active Conklin Independent Distributors in good standing are eligible to apply to obtain this financial aid for higher education in the pursuit of a two- or four-year college degree.
Charles W. Herbster is proud to announce 15 scholarships of $2,000 for students pursuing a two-year or four-year college degree.
Charles W. Herbster Foundation Scholarship recipients are selected based on exceptional academic ability and achievement, leadership, community involvement, service to others, career vision and goals, and financial need.
The Charles W. Herbster Foundation Scholarship details and eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Applicants must be a citizen of the United States of America to be eligible for the Charles W. Herbster Foundation Scholarship. International students studying in the United States are not eligible.
- Applicants must be an active Conklin Independent Distributor or have parents who are active Conklin Independent Distributors in good standing with Conklin Company, Inc.
- Applicants must be planning to attend an approved two-year or four-year college, university, graduate school or medical school institution in fall 2019.
- Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- All applicants must submit a completed application, cover letter, two letters of recommendations (from a teacher, or supervisor at a job volunteer position), high school or home school transcripts, a high-resolution digital photo and a written essay.
- Scholarships are for undergraduate tuition only, unless approved written consent is provided otherwise.
- Recipients may not be awarded more than one scholarship per academic year.
- Academic scholarship may be used for tuition and fees only. This may include books if paid for through a university charge account.
The information you collect for this scholarship application will help you present yourself for other scholarships and for your college admissions applications. The student application is an online form to be completed by the applicant. It requires information on the applicant's academics and background.
The following items are required to be uploaded with the completed online form submission:
- Copy of High School Transcripts
- Two Letters of Recommendation (from teachers or supervisors at job or volunteer positions)
- Written Essay - A written essay titled "Why I should be considered to receive the Charles W. Herbster Foundation scholarship" to include a statement of your personal goals and how you are working to achieve them (300-500 words). This is intended to help the scholarship selection committee get to know the applicant better. This essay should reveal more about interests, goals, character, leadership abilities and other traits that make the applicant a unique person.
- Cover Letter – Should be tailored to the specific scholarship for which you’re applying
- Resume - This would include extracurricular activities, etc.
- High-Resolution Digital Photo
Additional application information:
- No exceptions are granted for program eligibility requirements.
- Applications must be complete in their entirety in order to be considered.
- No materials will be accepted after the application due date.
- It is your responsibility to check your email, including spam filter, to receive important notifications and reminders from the Charles W. Herbster Scholarship Foundation.
Applications for the 2018-19 academic year will be accepted Dec. 1, 2018 - March 1, 2019.
If you have questions about the application process or your eligibility, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.